Until January 15th 2017
The Community of Communes of the Cristal Valleys (CCVC) is organizing an exhibition to be held from 13 June to 22 November 2017. The exhibition will showcase the work of 15 to 18 international artists who use freshwater pearls in their creations. Each designer will present 5 to 7 pieces forming a coherent body of work.
Legend has it that Venus, wanting to leave a memory of her passage upon a journey in the French region of the Vosges, fertilized the Vologne river…
« Venus upon seeing the Vologne River, wished to take a bath.
She took a dip and, frolicking like an eel,
She gave birth to a fetus covered by a shell.
This original seed carried away by the waves,
fixed itself upon the tip, in the middle of the canal.
Soon, along the river, we could see
of her offspring, a large cluster.
When opening the oyster, the fisherman came upon
A pearl with a fine luster, and a radiant glow(…)*
* adapted from a poem by Philippe Antoine de Chainel (1716 – date of death unknown)
These rather small « white, pink, reddish or yellowish » freshwater pearls, resulting from oysters known as the « long Mulette », or the « pearl Mulette », remained very popular and fashionable over a period of four hundred years (from 16th to 19th century).
In this historic light, the « Pôle Bijou » gallery has chosen to organize this exhibition to pay a tribute to this local heritage so close to home.
2) How to apply
Each application must be sent by email to firstname.lastname@example.org before midnight of January 15th, 2017. An acknowledgment e-mail will be sent to inform you that your application has been received. If you do not receive a confirmation of receipt within three days of sending your application, please call +11 33 3 83 76 06 99, since this might indicate that your application may not have been delivered due to image size, for example, or other variables.
The application must contain:
- A resume of the artist candidate (full name, date of birth, business name, professional license registration number, address, telephone number, e-mail, website, artistic background, diplomas and certificates, awards, ...)
- A photographic portrait of the artist candidate (jpeg)
- A description of the artist's work and approach concerning the exhibiting pieces (source of inspiration, techniques used, process…), and their connection with the exhibit's theme.
- 5-6 images of the proposed pieces (jpeg format, mini. 1Mo per image)
- A complete list showing the title, insurance value, materials and dimension (in millimeters) of each piece
- Detail assembly images (findings, back, clasp, assembly…)
- Current Professional license (or proof of professional registration)
Selection: A jury composed of representatives of the CCVC will meet in the month of January 2017 to select the participating artists among the applications received. The CCVC reserves itself the right to "invite" artists who have not filed for an application. The artists will be notified before October 1st, 2016 concerning their application. Approximately 60 to 70% of the selection will be dedicated to contemporary jewelry, the remaining will be open to artists of decorative objects and the like.
3) Terms and Conditions for participation
The selected artists accept the following terms and conditions:
- One-way Shipping Costs of exhibit pieces (5-7 pieces) are at the artist's own expense. Pieces must be received by the “Communauté de Communes des Vallées du Cristal” at least 10 days prior to the opening of the exhibition.
- At least two months prior to the opening, artists must provide a detailed list of the pieces to be presented (title(), materials, year of production, insurance value()) as well as Royalty-free photographs (300 dpi), the detailed description of the items and techniques used, a CV and a photographic portrait.
The « Communauté de Communes des Vallées du Cristal » will cover the following:
- Cost of return shipping of the exhibit pieces
- Operating costs associated with the gallery exhibition
- Cost of promotional and marketing material (posters, press releases ...) .
The pieces exhibited will be subject to sale under consignment contracts. “La Communauté de Communes des Vallées du Cristal“ will retain 30 to 35 % of the retail price for management fees related to the gallery's boutique.
More informations : email@example.com
Pour accéder au site internet de l'artisan d'art : http://pole-bijou.france-artisanat.fr
Produit par nodexa.com - Plus d'information sur http://www.france-artisanat.fr